Support groups can be a reassuring resource for people living with inflammatory bowel disease. They are active social communities that become like surrogate families to some. They are made up of people who have been touched by Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis in some way. See the list below of groups you may consider getting in contact with.
- Crohn’s & Colitis Australia provides links to State and Territory groups around Australia. They also have a Facebook page
- Become a member of Crohn’s & Colitis Australia
- Do you have a question you would like answered? Join healthshare and ask for advice from Australian health experts.
- IBD Support Australia hosts a community forum to meet others, share advice and learn more about IBD
- ostomates.com.au is a place for people with stomas to connect and interact
- There are also other State and Territory-specific groups for people living with a stoma